Facilities Information Management Systems
A facility information management system (FIMS) is a software tool comprising a centralized database that stores enterprise asset data and a graphic user interface used to easily query and access facility-related information.
Facilities management (FM) software is frequently divided into two basic components: operations (maintenance) and facilities (space, lease, and move management). The two corresponding software categories are computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and computer aided facilities management (CAFM). C&S can assist in the implementation of a CMMS, CAFM, or both. We are uniquely qualified to implement FM solutions through our diverse in-house resources, including architects, engineers, and designers specializing in building information modeling (BIM) and various facility-related trades.
C&S can provide
- Consulting, including visioning (cost justification and software options) and needs assessments (software recommendations)
- Data collection, including inventory assets and condition assessments
- CADD and GIS services, including measuring and drawing new as-built floor plans; assistance with converting paper drawings; polyline drawings; creating accurate measures of space using BOMA standards; incorporating site/civil assets; and linking assets to spatial data
- IT services, including implementation of leading commercial FM software; database installation/administration; software development to provide customization or a unique solution; training; assistance with integration of other applications; hosting for web-based solutions; and on-going technical support
- Outsourcing services, including information updates on a reoccurring basis; hosting, maintenance, and support of our client’s FIMS remotely; preventive and demand maintenance; and operating management