Life Safety, Fire, Security, and Communication
C&S designs and implements security, health, safety, and fire protection systems, standards, and policies in the built environment for our clients. Our mission is the prevention of fire, crime, health/safety issues and the protection of life and property through sound and innovative life safety engineering. Our specialized group of engineers have decades of education, training, and experience in fire prevention, fire protection, health, safety, security, telecommunications, and emergency management. The majority of our life safety staff are either current or retired emergency first responders or ex-military personnel and are graduates of fire science, electrical engineering and technology, and accredited fire protection engineering colleges. Our technical professionals include individuals with the following certifications:
- Professional engineers
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) through the National Fire Protection Association
- Certified Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) Specialist through the American Crime Prevention Institute
- Physical Security Network Associate (PSNA) through the IP Institute of the International Security Conference
- Advanced level Certification in Homeland Security (CHS) through the American Board for Certification in Homeland Security (ABCHS)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) through the Building Industry Consulting Service International, Inc. (BICSI)
- Advanced level National Incident Management System (NIMS) training trough the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Board Certified Protection Professional ASIS (CPP)
- Board Certified Physical Security Professional ASIS (PSP)
- New York State Certified Code Enforcement Officer (CEO)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology (NICET)
- Many advanced level certifications and training in firefighting, code enforcement, fire investigation, tactics, rescue operations, hazardous materials response, terrorism, etc.
Whether your life safety design challenges are simple or very complex, our cadre of professionals have the technical capabilities and real world experience to make your facilities safe and secure to protect your greatest assets—your people.