Historic Pavilion Renovation
Built in 1912, the Emerson Park Pavilion is a summer events facility. C&S renovated the building to a year-round regional destination through MEP and building envelope improvements. A modern commercial kitchen and new satellite kitchen were added. Emerson Park is on the National Register of Historic Places, so building additions complement, yet are distinguishable from the historic pavilion. Deteriorated structure and ornamentation were repaired, including the columns and trellises of the magnificent south porch facing Owasco Lake. An original skylight between the dining room and dance hall was restored using historically sensitive detailing. Modern systems add safety and functionality. Structural modifications were made to the roof trusses, and new sprinkler systems meet code requirements. Interior renovations included restrooms and audio-visual equipment, and the restoration of the marble dining room bar. The south yard facing the lake was restored to a 1910-era layout with native plantings. The project was awarded a Citation for Historic Preservation from the AIA CNY Chapter.