Phoenix Airports On-Call Sustainability Consulting
Since 2012, C&S has been an on-call sustainability consultant for Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX), Phoenix Goodyear, and Phoenix Deer Valley airports. The City of Phoenix is a sustainability leader with ambitious goals for 2050, including carbon neutrality and zero waste. C&S updated the city’s sustainability management plan in 2017. Sky Harbor Sustainability Takes Off! is a review of progress since the original plan, challenges faced, and transformational shifts that have occurred. The update builds on the airports’ focus areas (air quality, energy, greenhouse gases, outreach, policies and contracts, waste and recycling, and water conservation) to reflect current and upcoming challenges, with an emphasis on building partnerships and integrating sustainability into all disciplines. C&S has assisted the Aviation Department with several other sustainability projects:
• VALE grant for more than $1 million for electric charging stations at PHX.
• Pursuit of Airport Carbon Accreditation, helping PHX achieve Level 2.
• Solar glare analysis for for a potential solar array.
• Researched zero-emissions vehicles and infrastructure.
• Trained Aviation Department staff on the LEED certification process.