Former ANSCO Camera Factory Redevelopment
We assisted Paulus Development with the redevelopment of the Former ANSCO Camera Factory, located along Emma Street in Binghamton, New York. The facility was constructed in 1930 and originally used for the manufacture of cigars. Between 1940 and 1970, AFGA-ANSCO operated the property and used the building for assembly and warehousing.
The four-story, 145,000-square-foot factory underwent a historic rehabilitation for mixed-use residential/commercial uses. The completed project includes approximately 100 apartments as well as 50,000 square feet of commercial space. The redevelopment of the property played a significant role in advancing the City’s vision for the revitalization of the community, which is located in a Brownfield Opportunity Area (BOA).