NBT Bank Stadium is a 11,071-seat, minor league baseball stadium in Syracuse, New York. The stadium, owned and operated by Onondaga County, opened on April 10, 1997, which has served as home to Syracuse’s professional baseball teams since 1934. In 2018, the New York Mets elected to make Syracuse its home for their Triple-A team, the Syracuse Mets.
In August 2018, the NY Mets and Onondaga County discussed a renovation to add a greater array of amenities, with an eye toward extending the team’s commitment to NBT Bank Stadium beyond the 2025 season. In July 2019, a $25 million renovation was approved by Onondaga County lawmakers that also approved a 25-year lease agreement with the Mets.
Key components of the renovations include:
- Exterior painting to match the Met’s color scheme of orange and blue
- Construction of two bar areas: the Left Field Long Bar and the Right Field Party Deck
- All new seating in multiple arrangements, including molded armrests and cup holders
- Rehabilitation of the existing light towers including LED lighting
- Renovated Hank Sauer Room (luxury bar and restaurant with an outside patio)
- Expansion and build out of the main gate
- Improved and modernized concessions and amenities