At C&S, we are stewards of the environment. We go beyond reducing impacts by identifying restorative solutions.
We look for innovative and sustainable approaches to environmental consulting. Our multidisciplined staff of environmental engineers, geologists and scientists provides comprehensive engineering and consulting services in all phases of environmental management. By taking advantage of the entire C&S team, we deliver a turnkey operation from start to finish. Our successful track record includes projects for utilities, industrial facilities, distribution centers, animal housing, green buildings, state and local governments, developers and water/wastewater utilities.
Contact: John Trendowski | email@example.com
Air quality issues can be time consuming and burdensome. Whether modifying an existing emission source or installing new exhausts, determining the applicable requirements, estimating expected emissions, and obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals can be a challenge. C&S’s air quality experts make the process understandable and less burdensome. Our capabilities include:
- Air emission surveys to assess the compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Permitting and registering facilities
- Emission inventories to identify regulated sources and calculating emission rates.
- Modeling to estimate contaminant concentrations at points of concern to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Compliance planning to need NESHAP and RACT requirements
- Design of Pollution Control Systems
C&S helps transform blighted properties into integral, vibrant parts of a community, catalyzing revitalization of entire neighborhoods. We specialize in brownfield planning and development, helping individuals, municipalities, and corporations tackle even the most vexing brownfield and contaminant issues. Our team’s brownfield expertise includes:
- Area-wide and site-specific brownfield planning
- Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments
- Site and remedial investigation
- Remedial evaluations and cost estimating
- Remediation oversight
- Public outreach
C&S has conducted a number of successful brownfield projects, ranging from small gas stations to large abandoned industrial sites. Our team of engineers, geologists, biologists, and planners have significant technical expertise that allows us to understand the issues inherent in brownfield redevelopment projects and give insight into the regulatory and administrative framework of the various state and federal brownfields programs. We also provide site layout, planning, and conceptual future development for brownfield redevelopment projects.
Our team of environmental professionals has significant experience performing thousands of environmental site assessments throughout the country. We serve a range of clients, including government, Native American nations, industrial facilities, medical campuses, infrastructure, private developers, and Brownfield and Superfund sites. Our assessment services include:
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (Phase I ESA) consistent with ASTM E1527-13, as well as USEPA Standards and Practices for All Appropriate Inquiries (AAI) and,
- Transaction Screen Processes (TSP) consistent with ASTM E1528-14, and
- Forestland or Rural Property Assessments consistent with ASTM E2247-08.
- Record Search with Risk Assessments (RSRA) consistent with the US Small Business Administration (SBA) SOP 50 10 5(E), Lender and Development Company Loan Programs.
Because of our full-service environmental capabilities, we can provide out-of-scope services as part of our assessments (e.g., asbestos, wetlands, indoor air, etc.). In addition, we are able to help our clients resolve the wide range of issues that are identified during the assessment process.
Contact: Randy Arnold | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazardous building materials are highly regulated by state and federal government agencies and can be a challenging component to any renovation or demolition project. Our extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations coupled with our sound technical approaches on a per project basis creates high quality, cost-effective solutions for our clients. Our team of environmental professionals has significant experience performing hazardous building material services. We serve a wide range of clients, including healthcare, pharmaceutical, private developers, K-12 education, colleges/universities, municipalities, industrial, commercial, and the energy sector. Our hazardous building material services include:
- Hazardous Material Pre-Demolition Surveys
- Hazardous Material Pre-Renovation Surveys
- Hazardous Material Abatement Design Specifications / Drawings
- Asbestos Abatement Project Monitoring & Air Sampling
- Lead-Based Paint Inspections / Assessments
- PCB Inspections / Assessment
- Mold Inspections / Assessments
- Radon Inspections / Assessments
Facilities that handle or store oil, petroleum, or chemical products are faced with ever tightening local, state, and federal regulations. There are also dynamic changes to alternative fuels that reduce emissions and dependence on oil. C&S’s in-house experts understand the codes that affect the handling and storage of these products. We help owners and operators comply with applicable codes so they can focus on their business. We also design and construct new facilities and upgrade existing facilities. We have extensive experience assisting owners and operators with meeting the regulations pertaining to oil, petroleum, and chemicals. Our services include:
- Plans, reports, studies, etc.
- Communication with regulators
- License and permit applications
- Preparation of plans and specifications
- Preparation of project cost estimates
- Design-build construction
- Construction management services, including bidding assistance, construction administration and construction inspection services
Contact: Jerel Bogdan | email@example.com
Today’s energy and resources sector is focused on establishing cost-effective, reliable, sustainable, and secure supplies. Often, energy and resource development projects are forced to integrate a complex matrix of factors, including ever-changing market conditions, stakeholder involvement, stringent regulatory requirements, sustainable infrastructure design, and challenging economics and schedules. C&S has the capabilities and experience to partner with clients to tackle these challenges and deliver efficient and competitive projects using a range of project delivery options. We support oil and gas, mining, alternative/renewable energy, power generation, and downstream utilities. Our services include:
- Permitting and regulatory compliance support
- Civil site/stormwater permitting and design
- Local approval and compliance support
- Infrastructure design (buildings, buried infrastructure, etc), including LEED/ENVISION
- Program management
- Environmental due diligence
- Incentives and funding assistance and grant writing
- Waste-to-energy systems
Regulatory compliance is the core of any environmental program. Non-compliance can lead to enforcement actions and fines that affect a company’s reputation and bottom line. We work with industrial, municipal, and educational facilities to manage applicable environmental regulations, document compliance, as well as outline inspection, record keeping, and reporting requirements. When permits are required, our extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations coupled with our partnering approach with regulatory agencies facilitates the permitting process in a streamlined manner. We develop cost-effective systems to document compliance to owners can continue to focus on their business. Our staff includes experts in air quality, chemical and petroleum storage, wastewater discharges, storm water management, water withdrawal, wetland permitting, solid and hazardous management, and emergency planning.
Owners and operators of water, wastewater, and stormwater conveyance and treatment systems face many challenges, including operation, maintenance, optimization, and rehabilitation of existing facilities, planning/design of expansion facilities, and responding to an ever-evolving set of regulatory requirements. C&S has significant experience helping municipal and industrial clients respond to these challenges with innovative and cost-effective solutions. We have the experience and capabilities to work along the entire project life cycle—from initial concept development to operation and management of facilities. Our services include:
- Project funding planning and permitting
- Water/wastewater/stormwater system modeling/analysis and planning services
- Water/wastewater treatment system detailed design
- Treatability studies and process optimization
- Residuals/sludge management
- Buried infrastructure (distribution/collection) and pumping system design and rehabilitation.
- Construction contract administration and resident inspection
- Regulatory compliance and liaison support
Contact: Bryan Bayer | firstname.lastname@example.org
C&S’s scientists are highly adept at managing aquatic and terrestrial issues which allows projects to proceed while minimizing impacts to the environment. We specialize in natural resource management related to the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Clean Water Act (CWA), Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA), and various state and local regulations. Field surveys, including those for state or federally listed rare, threatened, or endangered species (RTE), are required for many development projects. The regulatory climate concerning natural resource protection is constantly changing. C&S’s staff of natural resource professionals stay current with the evolving regulatory landscape.
- Wetland and waterway delineation reports and surveys
- Wetland and waterway jurisdictional determinations
- RTE screenings, surveys, and impact analysis
- Informal and formal ESA consultation
- Section 404/401 and various state permit acquisition
- ESA, CWA, MBTA mitigation plan development, and post-construction monitoring
C&S has assisted a wide range of clients with the evaluation of environmental impacts for development, transportation, energy, and other projects. These analyses are typically documented in the preparation of an environmental impact statement (EIS). An EIS includes:
- A description of the action, including its need and benefit
- A description of the environmental setting and areas to be affected
- An analysis of all environmental impacts related to the action
- An analysis of reasonable alternatives to the action
- Identification of methods to reduce or avoid adverse environmental impacts.
C&S’s environmental impact analysis projects have also included categorical exclusions (CATEXs) and environmental assessments (EAs). Our diverse environmental and engineering professionals have extensive experience with the elements related to environmental impact analyses. Our specialties include wildlife assessments, wetland surveys, traffic impacts assessments, noise, and air and water quality impacts.